VA Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 or text to 838255
Door County Human Services Crisis Line: 1-920-746-2588
The Door County Veterans Service Office provides all veterans of Door County and their families with a single, comprehensive, and seamless access point to the services and benefits which they have earned from both the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and the Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA). Additionally, we strive to foster partnerships with and among veterans organizations and other concerned parties, to leverage all available resources to enhance the quality of life and public recognition for our veterans.
We initiate applications for veterans and their dependents for a wide array of benefits including:
- Compensation and pension.
- Death benefits, graves registration, and headstone/grave markers.
- Medical and education grants.
- VA healthcare.
- Transportation eligibility for veterans to and from VA medical appointments at Milwaukee, Cleveland, Tomah, Appleton, and Green Bay hospitals and clinics.
- GI Bill entitlements.
- Correction of military records.
- Insurance benefits and claims assistance.
- Administering Veterans Service Commission aid.
- Administering Veterans Service Council aid.
- Veteran residency and Wisconsin VA nursing home eligibility.
- Recording of DD–214 discharge documents.
- Dependents Education Assistance information.