2022 Household Hazardous Waste Clean Sweep
Wisconsin Clean Sweep Agricultural and Household
Hazardous Waste Collection
Do you have unwanted hazardous waste products stored as part of your Agricultural Business or Residential Home? Agricultural chemicals and common household products like lawn and garden pesticides, automotive fluids, leftover oil-based paints, and other potentially harmful chemicals can pose a significant threat to the environment if not disposed of properly. Give them a new home, by bringing them to one of the Door County Agricultural and Household Hazardous Waste Program Collection sites. We will recycle them or dispose of them in an environmentally safe manner.
Door County will be holding an agricultural and household hazardous waste collection on the following dates:
· Friday, November 4, 2022 during the hours of 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM at the Sister Bay/Liberty Grove Fire Station, 2258 Mill Road, Sister Bay.
· Saturday, November 5, 2022 during the hours of 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM at the Door County Highway Department, 1001 South Duluth Avenue, Sturgeon Bay.
Limited funding is available for this program, and the collection will be operated on a first come, first served basis. There is no cost to the agricultural business or homeowner as part of this program. Costs are funded by the County of Door and the State of Wisconsin.
Everyone is urged to be careful when transporting your products to the collection. Keep the products in their original containers, do not mix products together, and make sure they are properly sealed to prevent leaks and spills.
Covid-19 Drop Off Safety Guidelines:
· You must stay in your vehicle at all times.
· Place all items in your trunk or as close to the hatchback as possible. Due to social distancing guidelines, we will not accept or unload any items in back seats that are directly behind the driver’s seat.
· Items must be placed in a box or container. We will not return boxes or containers used to transport items to the collection.
· We WILL return gas cans used for transporting old gas or gas/oil mixtures, however the cans will be sprayed with disinfectant before we return them to you.
If you have further questions, or require additional information on the type of products that will be accepted, contact the Door County Highway Department at 746-2500.